Renovating your home is an exciting & challenging adventure, whether you’re looking to make a few small changes or to renovate your home to be your dream home.
A successful renovation is a team effort between you and the renovation professionals that you hire. Before you start looking for your renovating team, decide in advance what you want and how much you intend to spend. Then you will be able to give the renovators the information they need in order to provide you with the best possible advice and the most accurate estimates of cost.
By knowing your budget upfront, it allows the designer to present material options that fit the funds available. If your budget is $20,000, then there is no point looking at products that have a price tag over $50,000.
- What is the main purpose of your renovation? (For instance, do you want to add extra space, upgrade the kitchen, improve the security of your home, make adaptations for health reasons, getting ready to sell or generally improve your living areas?)
- What are your options? (For instance, do you need an addition or can you redesign existing floorspace to create more room?)
- What is unique about your home (room/space) that you would like to keep?
- What do you definitely want to change?
- Get input from all members of your household. What are their needs and wants?
- Consider both the short-term and long-term implications of your decisions are your needs likely to change in the future?
- Are you renovating to sell or stay?
- Build a renovation file for clippings, photos, brochures, etc.
- Flip though magazines and books to get an idea of the “look” that you want.
- Visit our Showroom to touch and feel products and materials, and collect more ideas.
- Schedule an in-home design consultation.
Talk to relatives, friends and co-workers who have renovated.
What have they learned?
What would they recommend?
Determine what part the renovation you want to do yourself versus what you want CRS to do for you.
Think about what why you are planning this renovation. Ask yourself – are you looking to sell or this your forever home? This helps determine your project priorities; such more counter space, storage or accessibility etc. This allows our designers to help you choose products, materials and colour schemes fit your budget & lifestyle.